Honestly, if I’d known how easy it is to make alfredo sauce, I would have started doing it years ago. I’ve made this version a few times now, and I really like it. Hopefully you will too!
1/2 C butter (1 stick)
8 oz cream cheese (I use 4 oz of regular cream cheese and 4 oz of Philadelphia Cooking Creme in Savory Garlic)
2 C milk
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 C grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Vegetables (carrots, peas, broccoli) – optional
Green onions – optional
1) Break out your pot/pan and melt the butter over low heat. Once the butter is melted, add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth.
2) Once the mixture is smooth, whisk in the milk and the flour.
3) Whisk in the parmesan cheese, mix until completely smooth, and then add the salt and pepper (to taste).
4) Let the sauce sit over low heat for a few minutes, and then turn off the heat. As the sauce sits there, it will begin to thicken.
5) Once it has thickened, pour it over your pasta and mix them together thoroughly. This is also when you would add your veggies and/or your green onion.