Hey there! So I mixed up a cleansing cream some time ago and decided to wait a few weeks just to make sure that it wasn’t irritating to my skin before I posted it. Again, my face is super sensitive! However, I like the results that I’ve gotten from this cream, so…here it is!
Sterilized container to store your cream (can hold one cup of product)
Large bowl for final mixing
1 tablespoon of Jojoba oil (or you can use 1 tablespoon of glycerine)
1/8 C of baking soda (optional – for exfoliation. If you don’t want an exfoliating cleanser, leave this out)
1/2 C water in a microwave safe bowl
1/8 C Grapeseed oil
1/8 C Stearic Acid (powdered)
1) In a microwave safe bowl, mix the jojoba oil, baking soda (optional), and water. Set aside for now.
2) In another microwave safe bowl, mix the grapeseed oil and the stearic acid. Microwave this mixture while stirring at 10 second intervals until the powder has dissolved. Transfer mixture to the large bowl.
3) Microwave the jojoba/water/baking soda mixture until it begins to boil.
4) Pour this mixture into the large bowl with the oil and stearic acid, and blend until the texture is fluffy/creamy.
5) Move the mixture into the sterilized container, and refrigerate until cooled.
6) Voila! You now have a DIY cleansing cream!
If you use the baking soda in the recipe to make this an exfoliating cream, be sure to only use it once or twice a week so as to give your skin time to heal and refresh itself between uses. If you’re using it as a regular cream (without baking soda), you can use it every day. Everyone’s skin is different, so please use your own judgement – if your skin has a reaction, please stop using the cream. As far as the shelf life, the cream was still stable after two months. So when you make it, just keep an eye on it. If it looks like it’s gone rogue, don’t use it! 😉